Monday, October 29, 2007

Marathon Mom

Not to steal the spotlight, but...

I RAN A MARATHON!!

I can't say it was the most glamorous 4 hours and 55 minutes of my life, but I did it 8 months after having a baby and having a C-Section and being re-diagnosed with diabetes and taking insulin everyday...so I'm pretty proud if I may say so myself. I was really inspired by all the people out there who were running for something -- a mother lost to cancer, a soldier fallen in Iraq, to raise money for diabetes, etc. Not quite as inspiring, but I ran for myself and for Gabe. All new moms need some time away from baby and I spent that time training for a marathon. It made me a better Mom which made Gabe a happier baby.

My brother Morris ran the race too (first one!). He tied my best marathon time of 4:07. Guess he'll have to run another one to beat his sister. Hahahhahahaha.

I'll post marathon photos as soon as I get them, but in the meantime, back to the reason you check this blog....


Not happy in new coat

Double chin!!



5 comments:

Colin said...

Congrats Robin. That is great. Who knew, Morris, a runner.

Ken and Meg said...

That is AWESOME!! Any mom with a young chikd who can fit in the time to work out...in mean, really traing for a race...now that is multitasking!! I'm proud of you!!

Unknown said...

YAY! CONGRATS!! :) I'm so proud of you.

Caroline said...

Congratulations! But you forgot to mention all the other things you've been doing while you've been training and taking care of Gabe...like working and getting your Master's and an internship...etc.
Gabe looks fat and happy!

Kelly Miller said...

Way to go Robin! You're providing a wonderful example for Gabe to follow!